There's something about gameday-- waking up early, getting decked out in your team colors, taking in all the pregame traditions and campus sights, and entering the stadium with thousands of your closest friends. Do you remember your first game? The noise, the passion and the excitement! Kids love gameday, too.
I've been taking my kids to tailgates and games since they were weeks old. Checkout my top 6 tips for enjoying gameday with your kids:
- Stadium approved clear bag for all the essentials. It's a long day for them, and you're not getting anywhere quick if you forget something, so be prepared. Sunscreen, shaker, sweatshirt, ball cap, empty water bottle, etc.
- Make a day out of it! Check the schedule of events surrounding the game well in advance. Plan to get their early and take it all in. Give those little legs plenty of time to get where you are going. Sometimes a little parade, meeting the mascot or visiting the fan zone can be just as exciting as the game to kids.
- Kiddo seating for little legs. They want to be just like mom and dad, too. Something small that they can be responsible for at the tailgate will come in handy.
- Kid friendly snacks and drinks. It’s inevitable that once you’re in place for the parade, you little one will be thirsty or hungry (or have to go to the bathroom).
- Look the part! Jersey, hat, shaker, and all the fun details down to the face tattoos.
- Don't forget to take lots of pictures!