To us, the Fourth of July is about family, fireworks, fun and food. We’re rounding up some of our favorite EASY recipes in celebration of the good ole USA. These go-tos are a simple and tasty way to add some patriotic spirit to your Independence Day menu.
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Nothing says Summer like homemade ice cream! This recipe for classic vanilla is fool proof. Host a neighborhood ice cream sundae soirée complete with all the toppings. Or keep it simple and add some 4th of July festivity with red, white and blue sprinkles!
- 1 quart of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the above ingredients well and add to the machine container.
- Add milk to fill line.
- Add ice and ice cream salt around the edge in layers. Let it run until it stops. Enjoy!
- Chances are, there won’t be any left. But, if there is, store in the freezer in an air tight container for up to two weeks.
Patriotic Gatorade Slushie
It’s hot! Cool down with this kid-friendly slushie! Just a few ingredients and a whirl in the blender and you will have a refreshing treat perfect for the July 4th holiday.
- Red Gatorade
- Blue Gatorade
- White Gatorade
- Add 2 cups of red gatorade to your blender and 4 cups of ice.
- Blend and pour into your patriotic cup 1/3 of the way up.
- Repeat Step 1 with the white gatorade, then the blue Gatorade and fill the remainder of the way up.
- Sip and enjoy!
American Fruit Flag Skewers
Add in a healthy option to your holiday spread with these fruit skewers. Easy to put together, kids will love to help and love to eat them!
- 3 bananas
- Slice up your bananas, make sure each slice is decently thick! This will make it easier to slide onto the skewer.
- Cut up your strawberries.
- Grab a skewer, and slide on alternating bananas and strawberries.
- Repeat step 4 about 4 or 5 times using the same amount of bananas and strawberries on each skewer.
- Grab a skewer, and slide on 10 blueberries, then alternating bananas and strawberries.
- Repeat step 5 about 3 or 4 times, or until your happy with size and proportion of your flag!
- Take some cute pictures, then eat your delicious and healthy creation!